You go into your living room and you forget what you went there for. This happens to you more than once and you start to wonder if you have Alzheimer’s. Don’t worry.There is no need to be overly anxious if you forget things once in a while. Just like everything else, improving your memory takes hard work and practice.
The factors affecting memory include: some prescription drugs,fatigue,depression etc
Just as regular physical exercise helps your body to stay healthy, being mentally active helps your mind and memory stay fit.
Here are some ways to help you improve your memory
1. Make up rhymes or songs , Compose a mental picture.
2. Eat a healthy diet. A poor diet can affect your overall health.
3. Get adequate rest. Concentration and learning decrease when you’re tired.
4. Stay mentally active. Play games that stimulate your memory, e.g. chess,bridge.
5. Stay physically active. Exercise improves the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain.
If you feel like you’re forgetting too much, stay calm and give yourself extra time to remember. Through training and awareness, it is possible to improve memory at any age.